Back by popular demand, The Weekend Warm-Up has returned to help Hip Hoppas beat the cold and make their weekend worthwhile. Aside from G-Eazy, E-40 & Alex Wiley taking up residencies across the state, there is a lot of new and exciting ways to have fun this weekend.
Friday, November 14th:
- Turnt Up! Dance Party: Is it that time of the month again? It sure is as Honey will once again have the Turnt Up! Crew, comprised of DJs Gabe Garcia and Willie Shu as well as the ever exuberant host, Franz Diego; are back to bring you 5 hours of booty shaking music that will make you forget that it’s -10 degrees wind chill outside.
- Alex Wiley & Black SPVCE: One of the brightest stars coming out of Chicago, Alex Wiley is making Minnesota his home away from home this weekend starting with the Red Carpet Nightclub in St. Cloud. With his bohemian bounce and versatile flow, Alex Wiley will be bringing his Village Party to the Central Minnesota scene. And the Cloudheads will be joined by cloud rap kings, Black SPVCE as well to make sure it is one and popping.
- FKA twigs: With her debut album, LP1, receiving rave reviews from fans and critics alike, London’s sensational FKA twigs will be rocking a sold out crowd at the Fine Line Music Café. Bringing her ethereal electronic R&B, she will also be sharing the stage with Beyonce’s collaborator, Boots to assure that the club will be bumping.
- Next to Blow Radio & The Loud Mouth League Present: The Get Back at The Ras Lounge in St. Paul: If you are getting more and more cynical of today’s rappers posing as MCs, then you need to get out to the Ras Lounge in St. Paul for The Get Back Battle Night. With help from Next To Blow Radio & famed battle league, The Loud Mouth League, the night will feature 7 battles with some of the fiercest MCs in the TC as well as two special performances from Dot Ducati & Duce Money. Plus tonight marks the return of local favorite, Metasota stepping back in the ring against Ken-C.
- Kamau Bell’s Oh Everything Tour: If you are looking for some witty social commentary, get down to the Turf Club as they are having a comedy night with San Francisco’s W. Kamau Bell. You might remember him as the former host of the FXX show, Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, which provided valuable and hilarious takes on the current socio-political climate in America. And he has been endorsed & produced by Chris Rock, so you know he’s on point.
- AmP the HampT, Articula, Sound Language & Rube: Need beats or just good electronic fix? The Kellar Bar in St. Cloud has got you covered with local producers showing off their latest creations. Continuing on with their dope showcases, tonight might be the night to keep an ear open as they have all been busy working on some new audible treats.
Saturday, November 15th:
- From The Bay to the Universe Tour: Ever since his appearance before a sold out crowd on Soundset’s main-stage, G-Eazy has become a sensation for those looking for something to get the crowd hype. Now he is stopping out to First Avenue Main Room with the legendary E-40 to make this a night to remember in this sold out show. With help from Bay area acts, IAMSU! & Jay Ant, the venue known to Get Cryphy is about to learn how to go dumb & dapper.
- The Back Spin: Breaking News! Official After Party: Calling all B-Boys & Girls, the Ginger Hop is going to be the spot until 2 for the Official After Party for The Back Spin celebration. With help from DJ King Otto & DJ Los Boogie rocking the party, it’s time to break it up and break it down with some of the baddest in town.
- Alex Wiley & Black SPVCE: The follow up to their St. Cloud debut, Alex Wiley & Black SPVCE are going for round 2 in their fearless Fi Fis in The Kitty Cat Klub. With Black SPVCE treading on familiar territory, the crowd better be ready to get turnt as this is going to be hitting on all levels.
- Hands High Dance Party: Honey still has got what you need in a Hip Hop/R&B dance night that is going to be an all night delight. DJ Str8Reppin is going to be making sure everyone is stepping in style for everyone that is looking to stay warm with Hip Hop in its purest form.
Sunday, November 16th:
- From The Bay to the Universe Tour: The Bay Area takeover is going into its second consecutive night at First Ave Mainroom for another sold out show that is sure to make everyone get hype and hypy. If you got tickets, don’t ghost in your whip. Just dip to the show before you miss out on what G-Eazy & E-40 got in store.
Don’t Forget about Next Week’s Show’s like:
Wednesday, November 19th:
- Stay Awake: Building Power Post-Election: Even though the results are in, it’s always time to keep our elected officials accountable with The Icehouse’s Stay Awake: Building Power Post Election show. By bringing together the musical forces of Maria Isa, Greg Grease, The Lioness, Muja Messiah, DJ Todda & King Otto, Tish Jones & Mastermind are going to be reminding everyone that these newly elected/re-elected politicians made promises and it’s our job to keep them on task while we all shake our ass.
Thursday, November 20th:
- Run The Jewels with RATKING & Despot: One of most vengeful and venomous acts in rap is back in the Twin Cities to celebrate their latest album Run The Jewels 2. The Fine Line Music Café will once again play host to El-P & Killer Mike’s explosive performance that is going to test the house speakers and the stamina of the state’s racing pulse. Plus they are bringing along up incoming acts RATKING & Despot to let you know who’s on deck for their neck.
Friday, November 21st:
- Slick Rick & Mixed Blood Majority: When conversations about “who’s the best MCs,” it would be criminal to forget the man responsible for the lodi dodi. In short, the Ruler’s back at the Amsterdam Bar & Hall in St. Paul to kick a couple of nostalgic bedtime stories for the old souls. Plus with help from local supergroup, Mixed Blood Majority to help bring the abstract boom-bap to a more sophisticated crowd.
So get out and get down with some of the best in your town. If you are interested in getting your next event included in the Weekend Warm-Up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.